Oddly enough, I stumbled upon (ever so graciously of course) a great makeup base for the more heavily “character lined” ladies in the 70+ age bracket. It’s a well known fact that powder and wrinkles can spell a recipe for disaster with the aged, hence the reason why most elegant elder stateswomen prefer to give it a miss in their increasingly minimalist makeup regime. All powdered products are generally the first to be jettisoned as they can rest awkwardly in the “character lines” or look rather caky. It’s in knowing this about powdered products and their affinity for doing wayward things with wrinkles, that my product suggestion for a flawless base will most certainly surprise you: L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals. I kid you not. Although targeted for sale within a much younger age group, this unlikely ally works a treat for those well traveled across the age ranges, so to speak.
Unlike many mineral makeup formulations, L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals isn’t sparkly nor a flat matte and is so finely milled that it imparts only the most delicate, lightweight, boundary-blurring veil across the skin, leaving a long lasting gloriously radiant, light reflecting, soft focus effect that is most welcomed. L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals have been dermatologist tested and proven safe for sensitive skins and are non comedogenic and non-occlusive, which can still be an issue for some older, more mature skins. Let’s not forget that like most mineral makeup, there is a SPF benefit in wearing L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals as well, with its SPF of 15. L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals contain aloe, and Vitamins B and E to nurture and to protect against free radicals. Who would of thunk it? A powdered foundation that actually plays fabulously well with wrinkles and provides a natural, earnest, skin-protecting coverage to boot. Love it! Another considerate addition to L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals is its convenient packaging that comes with a built-in natural hair, kabuki-style brush that is protected and kept clean and readied for tidy, evenly dispensed use under the snap-on cap. Nice one L’Oréal!
L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals are available in six universal shades to suit a variety of skin colours and is on counter at selected pharmacies, department, and variety stores nation-wide for $34.95 AUD. In Australia, your local stockist details are available by telephoning 1300 659 259.
Beauty Marked! has had this little pocket rocket a while now and has been just too tickled pink with the results to put it down long enough to write about it. Tragic but true. BaBylissPRO Mighty Mini Straightener is the niftiest “little” beauty I have seen in the straightening game that actually delivers “big” on results. BaBylissPro Mighty Mini Straightener produces the same maxi results of a full sized iron and is mini only in its size. The Mighty Mini Straightener is 15 cm long and offers narrow plates that allow you to effectively straighten closer to the scalp while maximizing the advantages of far-infrared heat for optimal straightening. The BaByliss Mighty Mini quickly heats up to temperatures of 210℃ and with its Advanced Surround Heat and ceramic/titanium plates, it effortlessly glides through the hair to create seriously straight strands, super tight curls, sumptuous waves, and flirty flicks. This purse-sized dual-voltage dynamo is perfect for travel and is available in metallic pink (as pictured), blue, hi-gloss red, and raven black.
Talk about a most definitely excellent styling appliance for tending to those little running repairs often needed to tantalizingly tweak our tresses throughout the day, but is generally not possible due to the behemoth size and lack of portability of most straightening irons. This is a fab find for the fellas too by the way. Beauty Marked! also loves to call this natty styling tool to duty for the times when you need to extend your salon styled quoif just a bit longer until your next booked visit. *idea*
BaBylissPRO Mighty Mini Straightener and so much more are available from Dateline City. Do check it out. We just adore it!
Lest we forget the fabulous fellas in our lives. In honour of our boys, Beauty Marked! has put together ten totally terrific bits of blokey beauty that are sure to keep our guys gorgeously groomed. Beauty Marked!’s Galerie de Toilettage contains an all star assemblage of grooming gear especially chosen to keep our men majestically and ever so masculinely manscaped…Just like we like!
- L’Occitane Almond Harvest Shower Oil A luxurious, soothing, balancing and ultra moisturizing shower oil, rich in almond and grape seed oils that foam and immaculately cleanse when in contact with water. Mmmm.
- L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra-Energetic Turbo Booster A non-sticky moisturizer that refreshes and hydrates tired skin and has been specially formulated with vitamin C, caffeine, and antioxidants to stimulate the skin. It also contains menthol, glycerine, and pro-phosphor to help skin recover from the assaults of daily living.
- Remington Professional Short Hair Cut Clipper Talk about an ergonomic brush-shaped hair clipper designed to curve to the contours of the head and makes achieving a shortly shorn hair cut just about child’s play. It has five length settings from 2 mm to 12 mm for a customized haircut and the bi-directional cutting system allows for greater precision and detailed styling. The DLC coated trimmer blade is washable and comes with a 40 minute cordless operation for convenience.
- KEVIN.MURPHY EASY.RIDER a sensationally scented styling product that controls frizz, activates curl, and achieves a soft, messy, dewy look. It contains vitamins and botanicals to deliver a moist, conditioned, and medium to light yet natural-looking hold. Can be used on both wet or dry hair.
- Head & Shoulders Clean and Balanced Shampoo and Conditioner This dynamic duo leaves your hair with an everyday balanced clean and condition. It contains a moisturizing formulation with VitaZinc to ensure that both scalp and hair are left feeling clean and revitalized. It is pH balanced, gentle and effective for everyday use.
- NIVEA Deodorant For Men Sport An alcohol and preservative-free, mineral extract-rich deodorant that delivers a revitalizing kick. Its mild antiperspirant formula contains Activated Aluminum Chlorohydrate (AACH) and Butyloctanoic Acid which has been proven to keep working for up to 24 hours!
- Remington Diamond 360 Series Shaver With its world first Teflon® coated blades for a smoother skin glide, 360 degrees Flex & Pivot Technology with three independent flexing heads that follow the contours of the face, Diamond Like Carbon coated blades and 21 cutters per head with two close cut tracks you are in for a fabulously close shave. This cordless shaver provides 60 minutes of shaving time and has a five minute quick charge feature for a single shave. It also has a pop-up trimmer for sideburns, necklines and a mustache. The LCD display lets you know of the time remaining with charge. It’s world-wide voltage too.
- L’Oréal Men Expert Vita Lift Foaming Cleansing Cream A soap-free and pH neutral face cleanser that delivers a revitalizing clean to mature, dry skins. This cleanser is enriched with glycerin and Men Expert’s patented Active Defense System which has been created to especially soothe and reinforce the skin’s natural resistance against daily aggressions, ensuring the skin is less irritated, less-tight feeling, and left feeling comfortable.
- Esprit Connect for Us A fresh unisex fragrance with a fruity-woody accord. The fruity aspect of this fragrance is due to the fig notes and that of the surrounding tangerine, black currant, and lychee. The core comprises of tuberose, orange blossom, violet and notes of a sea breeze. Its decisive base notes of cedar, apricot, peach, amber, vanilla, and musk ensure that this memorable partnering endures.
- Gillette Fusion Power PHANTOM Five bladed shaving that delivers soothing micro-pulses that help reduce drag and improve razor glide. It’s touted to possess power so advanced, “you’ll barely feel the blades.” It comes with a Precision Trimmer and one Duracell AAA battery, so an immaculately clean shave is only ever a few strokes away.
I have a quick question about eyebrows. Apparently, I am “supposed to” stay away from tweezing or waxing the hairs above my brows according to the “experts”. Why is that? What harm can I do? This blanket warning sounds rather scary to me.
Thanks for your beaut question. To be perfectly honest, I don’t really understand this rather hard to discern warning that is often given about establishing a “no go zone” in regards tweezing above the brows. Perhaps, it’s just a bit of scaremongering, as is some folk’s wont, but please do write in if you cleaver possums have any inklings as to why. After all, the hairs above most certainly need tending to, that’s for sure (think Cro-Magnon Man). The hairs above the brows have the very same rate of growth as below the eyebrows and have just as much influence on the overall shape of your precious arches as does the area I affectionately call the “underbrush”. We say at Chez Beauty Marked!, if you are competent and, more importantly, confident in removing and clearing out rogue brow hairs below the eyebrow, you surely can do the same above.
My only suggestion to you is that if you are waxing make sure the wax is slightly cooler (and only just) than what you would regularly use below the brow, in order to retard that perilous “runny factor” that can be the undoing of so many perfect eyebrows. Yes, you know the one…(sadly, I think we all do). And, if you are tweezing, first brush your brows downward, towards your eyelashes, with a brow groomer, in order to isolate the hairs most annoyingly perched above your eyebrows in order to effectively target them for removal before having a go and then… Go For It! *cue roars from your very own BM! cheering squad* “You can do it! We know you can! If you can’t do it, no one can!”
Oddly enough, I reckon that’s all that needs posting for today. As water will, most certainly, be the singular item to get us back on track post the Easter chocolate bender most were sure to have been on yesterday. So let’s get that chocolate moving through Gorgeous Ones! Ey Up!
We can always use a quality cleanser that can effectively remove makeup, clean up a storm, while leaving our skin feeling its supple, vitaminized best, that is for sure. Clarins may just have come up with a delectable cleanser that can do just that. Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel with Marula oil greets the face with a stellar gel textured formulation that glides onto the face in anticipation for effortless cleansing. Once in contact with the skin, Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, with aid from the skin’s warmth, melts into an ultra-fine cleansing oil that makes light work of makeup and gently and effectively cleanses the skin from its daily adventures. Upon rinsing with water, the micro-droplets change into a milky emulsion which is easily and thoroughly rinsed off only leaving behind a silky thin veil of hydrating Marula oil, that is rich in oleic fatty acids and a hearty dose of vitamin C (4 times as much vitamin C as oranges in fact!). Who can pass up an opportunity to to indulge in such good clean, lavish fun? Certainly not anyone at Chez Beauty Marked!. Love it!
Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel is on counter from March 24th, 2008. Mmmm…
Nothing more to this Get Even More Gorgeous With Beauty Marked! post, but to share how much pleasant surprises can mean. Pleasant surprises are welcomed and often spontaneous Random Acts of Beauty (RABs) that, absolutely, can make someone’s day. It’s amazing how one generally appreciates little thoughtful gifts and simple gracious gestures from another that weren’t anticipated. Delivery and receipt of such “out of the blue” delectable delights, like a heartfelt compliment, a token cadeau, or even that perfect cup of coffee or tea can be so precious to the unsuspecting. Pleasant surprises create the most gorgeous and far-reaching ripple effect that can end up moving and inspiring more than you ever imagined…including your lovely self! So, Go For It and, most importantly, enjoy it!