Wynn’s Over Lice™! No, not really, but wouldn’t that be grand? We reckon that if there ever was a category for best scratch or three in a YouTube video, Wynn’s would be a shoe-in. Even though Wynn’s Over Lice™ takes getting rid of head lice very seriously, it doesn’t mean we can’t have fun while we are doing it. Do check out the current series of three, fun, 1 minute videos that are sure to generate a scratch and a giggle or more. They’re totally fun!
I know it has been donkey’s years since I’ve posted on my blog. Oh, the shame! I haven’t been 100% AWOL though, it’s more like 98.7%. As I have been gleefully working away doing all the beauty-FULL stuff that I love, but just in different guises. My latest adventure has been to finally get around to bottling a really wonderful all natural, exceedingly effective, Australian made head lice treatment that not only gets rid of head lice, but leaves you with really amazing hair!
As many of you would know, I have a gorgeous tribe of children, seven delightful cherubs to be exact. And more to the point, they have ALL been blessed with some of the thickest, longest, most delectably curly hair you can get, which while at primary school, has proven to be the perfect head lice magnet imaginable. Talk about mixed blessings. Sigh. So, seeing that their hair is such a nit-magnet, I have had plenty to do with getting rid of those often itchy nuisances, sadly. I’ve tried much of the products available on the market, just short of Napalm, and never really got wholly satisfactory results.
Seeing that necessity is the mother of invention, I made some kick butt hair stuff myself. The really cool aspect about developing a head lice product yourself and living and breathing all things beauty as I do, was that I was able to source and then create a treatment that uses the most top shelf ingredients available, that works and delivers great, head lice-free hair. So without further ado, it is my complete pleasure to introduce you to Wynn’s Over Lice™.
Wynn’s Over Lice™, quite naturally…does great hair!
Do visit our Wynn’s Over Lice™ website for even more details. We also have a Facebook page too, and you can follow us on Twitter as well. We’ve even made a couple of fun, 1 minute youtube videos that you should definitely watch if you’re up for a scratch and a giggle or three. I’ll be back to list those soon. Promise!
Gosh, is it ever so lovely to be back. But most importantly though, thank you so very much for dusting off our Get Even More Gorgeous With Beauty Marked! URL and coming by for a visit. You’ve totally made my day!
Beauty Marked! has had this little pocket rocket a while now and has been just too tickled pink with the results to put it down long enough to write about it. Tragic but true. BaBylissPRO Mighty Mini Straightener is the niftiest “little” beauty I have seen in the straightening game that actually delivers “big” on results. BaBylissPro Mighty Mini Straightener produces the same maxi results of a full sized iron and is mini only in its size. The Mighty Mini Straightener is 15 cm long and offers narrow plates that allow you to effectively straighten closer to the scalp while maximizing the advantages of far-infrared heat for optimal straightening. The BaByliss Mighty Mini quickly heats up to temperatures of 210℃ and with its Advanced Surround Heat and ceramic/titanium plates, it effortlessly glides through the hair to create seriously straight strands, super tight curls, sumptuous waves, and flirty flicks. This purse-sized dual-voltage dynamo is perfect for travel and is available in metallic pink (as pictured), blue, hi-gloss red, and raven black.
Talk about a most definitely excellent styling appliance for tending to those little running repairs often needed to tantalizingly tweak our tresses throughout the day, but is generally not possible due to the behemoth size and lack of portability of most straightening irons. This is a fab find for the fellas too by the way. Beauty Marked! also loves to call this natty styling tool to duty for the times when you need to extend your salon styled quoif just a bit longer until your next booked visit. *idea*
BaBylissPRO Mighty Mini Straightener and so much more are available from Dateline City. Do check it out. We just adore it!
“When the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it may be that they take better care of it.” -Cecil Selig
Lest we forget the fabulous fellas in our lives. In honour of our boys, Beauty Marked! has put together ten totally terrific bits of blokey beauty that are sure to keep our guys gorgeously groomed. Beauty Marked!’s Galerie de Toilettage contains an all star assemblage of grooming gear especially chosen to keep our men majestically and ever so masculinely manscaped…Just like we like!
- L’Occitane Almond Harvest Shower Oil A luxurious, soothing, balancing and ultra moisturizing shower oil, rich in almond and grape seed oils that foam and immaculately cleanse when in contact with water. Mmmm.
- L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra-Energetic Turbo Booster A non-sticky moisturizer that refreshes and hydrates tired skin and has been specially formulated with vitamin C, caffeine, and antioxidants to stimulate the skin. It also contains menthol, glycerine, and pro-phosphor to help skin recover from the assaults of daily living.
- Remington Professional Short Hair Cut Clipper Talk about an ergonomic brush-shaped hair clipper designed to curve to the contours of the head and makes achieving a shortly shorn hair cut just about child’s play. It has five length settings from 2 mm to 12 mm for a customized haircut and the bi-directional cutting system allows for greater precision and detailed styling. The DLC coated trimmer blade is washable and comes with a 40 minute cordless operation for convenience.
- KEVIN.MURPHY EASY.RIDER a sensationally scented styling product that controls frizz, activates curl, and achieves a soft, messy, dewy look. It contains vitamins and botanicals to deliver a moist, conditioned, and medium to light yet natural-looking hold. Can be used on both wet or dry hair.
- Head & Shoulders Clean and Balanced Shampoo and Conditioner This dynamic duo leaves your hair with an everyday balanced clean and condition. It contains a moisturizing formulation with VitaZinc to ensure that both scalp and hair are left feeling clean and revitalized. It is pH balanced, gentle and effective for everyday use.
- NIVEA Deodorant For Men Sport An alcohol and preservative-free, mineral extract-rich deodorant that delivers a revitalizing kick. Its mild antiperspirant formula contains Activated Aluminum Chlorohydrate (AACH) and Butyloctanoic Acid which has been proven to keep working for up to 24 hours!
- Remington Diamond 360 Series Shaver With its world first Teflon® coated blades for a smoother skin glide, 360 degrees Flex & Pivot Technology with three independent flexing heads that follow the contours of the face, Diamond Like Carbon coated blades and 21 cutters per head with two close cut tracks you are in for a fabulously close shave. This cordless shaver provides 60 minutes of shaving time and has a five minute quick charge feature for a single shave. It also has a pop-up trimmer for sideburns, necklines and a mustache. The LCD display lets you know of the time remaining with charge. It’s world-wide voltage too.
- L’Oréal Men Expert Vita Lift Foaming Cleansing Cream A soap-free and pH neutral face cleanser that delivers a revitalizing clean to mature, dry skins. This cleanser is enriched with glycerin and Men Expert’s patented Active Defense System which has been created to especially soothe and reinforce the skin’s natural resistance against daily aggressions, ensuring the skin is less irritated, less-tight feeling, and left feeling comfortable.
- Esprit Connect for Us A fresh unisex fragrance with a fruity-woody accord. The fruity aspect of this fragrance is due to the fig notes and that of the surrounding tangerine, black currant, and lychee. The core comprises of tuberose, orange blossom, violet and notes of a sea breeze. Its decisive base notes of cedar, apricot, peach, amber, vanilla, and musk ensure that this memorable partnering endures.
- Gillette Fusion Power PHANTOM Five bladed shaving that delivers soothing micro-pulses that help reduce drag and improve razor glide. It’s touted to possess power so advanced, “you’ll barely feel the blades.” It comes with a Precision Trimmer and one Duracell AAA battery, so an immaculately clean shave is only ever a few strokes away.
Nearly good enough to be served with ice cream and absolutely in fashion are tresses treated to MOP® Glisten Shampoo and Conditioner. Modern Organic Product (MOP®) has developed a lovely shampoo and conditioner made from organic and fab everyday ingredients to add volume and shine to your daily hair care routine. MOP® Glisten Shampoo and Conditioner are so very mildly citrus scented and are big on bonza ingredients.
Glisten Shampoo contains pure maple syrup and the powerful humectant honey to add enviable body and shine to the hair. Certified organic linseed oil and whole wheat protein make light work of restoring and protecting the hair, while the vitamin C infused orange extract gets on with effectively cleansing your alluring locks.
Glisten Conditioner works to mend hair that may be feeling the strain of chemical treatments and nuisance UV rays. MOP® Glisten Conditioner has been specially designed to strengthen, restore and protect the hair through its stellar ingredient lineup: Certified organic linseed oil, jojoba, and avocado oil are also joined by honey and wheat protein, in repairing chemical and environmental damage, while pure maple syrup gets busy amping up the body and shine.
MOP® Glisten Shampoo and Conditioner is a deliciously effective and unadulteratedly easy way to ensure your treasured tresses remain fabulously fit and as ravishingly radiant as you are! What? After all, it’s not like you don’t deserve it.
Visit MOP® online for more on modern, hip, and happening hair!
I have a quick question about eyebrows. Apparently, I am “supposed to” stay away from tweezing or waxing the hairs above my brows according to the “experts”. Why is that? What harm can I do? This blanket warning sounds rather scary to me.
Thanks for your beaut question. To be perfectly honest, I don’t really understand this rather hard to discern warning that is often given about establishing a “no go zone” in regards tweezing above the brows. Perhaps, it’s just a bit of scaremongering, as is some folk’s wont, but please do write in if you cleaver possums have any inklings as to why. After all, the hairs above most certainly need tending to, that’s for sure (think Cro-Magnon Man). The hairs above the brows have the very same rate of growth as below the eyebrows and have just as much influence on the overall shape of your precious arches as does the area I affectionately call the “underbrush”. We say at Chez Beauty Marked!, if you are competent and, more importantly, confident in removing and clearing out rogue brow hairs below the eyebrow, you surely can do the same above.
My only suggestion to you is that if you are waxing make sure the wax is slightly cooler (and only just) than what you would regularly use below the brow, in order to retard that perilous “runny factor” that can be the undoing of so many perfect eyebrows. Yes, you know the one…(sadly, I think we all do). And, if you are tweezing, first brush your brows downward, towards your eyelashes, with a brow groomer, in order to isolate the hairs most annoyingly perched above your eyebrows in order to effectively target them for removal before having a go and then… Go For It! *cue roars from your very own BM! cheering squad* “You can do it! We know you can! If you can’t do it, no one can!”