I know it has been donkey’s years since I’ve posted on my blog. Oh, the shame! I haven’t been 100% AWOL though, it’s more like 98.7%. As I have been gleefully working away doing all the beauty-FULL stuff that I love, but just in different guises. My latest adventure has been to finally get around to bottling a really wonderful all natural, exceedingly effective, Australian made head lice treatment that not only gets rid of head lice, but leaves you with really amazing hair!
As many of you would know, I have a gorgeous tribe of children, seven delightful cherubs to be exact. And more to the point, they have ALL been blessed with some of the thickest, longest, most delectably curly hair you can get, which while at primary school, has proven to be the perfect head lice magnet imaginable. Talk about mixed blessings. Sigh. So, seeing that their hair is such a nit-magnet, I have had plenty to do with getting rid of those often itchy nuisances, sadly. I’ve tried much of the products available on the market, just short of Napalm, and never really got wholly satisfactory results.
Seeing that necessity is the mother of invention, I made some kick butt hair stuff myself. The really cool aspect about developing a head lice product yourself and living and breathing all things beauty as I do, was that I was able to source and then create a treatment that uses the most top shelf ingredients available, that works and delivers great, head lice-free hair. So without further ado, it is my complete pleasure to introduce you to Wynn’s Over Lice™.
Wynn’s Over Lice™, quite naturally…does great hair!
Do visit our Wynn’s Over Lice™ website for even more details. We also have a Facebook page too, and you can follow us on Twitter as well. We’ve even made a couple of fun, 1 minute youtube videos that you should definitely watch if you’re up for a scratch and a giggle or three. I’ll be back to list those soon. Promise!
Gosh, is it ever so lovely to be back. But most importantly though, thank you so very much for dusting off our Get Even More Gorgeous With Beauty Marked! URL and coming by for a visit. You’ve totally made my day!
Oddly enough, I stumbled upon (ever so graciously of course) a great makeup base for the more heavily “character lined” ladies in the 70+ age bracket. It’s a well known fact that powder and wrinkles can spell a recipe for disaster with the aged, hence the reason why most elegant elder stateswomen prefer to give it a miss in their increasingly minimalist makeup regime. All powdered products are generally the first to be jettisoned as they can rest awkwardly in the “character lines” or look rather caky. It’s in knowing this about powdered products and their affinity for doing wayward things with wrinkles, that my product suggestion for a flawless base will most certainly surprise you: L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals. I kid you not. Although targeted for sale within a much younger age group, this unlikely ally works a treat for those well traveled across the age ranges, so to speak.
Unlike many mineral makeup formulations, L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals isn’t sparkly nor a flat matte and is so finely milled that it imparts only the most delicate, lightweight, boundary-blurring veil across the skin, leaving a long lasting gloriously radiant, light reflecting, soft focus effect that is most welcomed. L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals have been dermatologist tested and proven safe for sensitive skins and are non comedogenic and non-occlusive, which can still be an issue for some older, more mature skins. Let’s not forget that like most mineral makeup, there is a SPF benefit in wearing L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals as well, with its SPF of 15. L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals contain aloe, and Vitamins B and E to nurture and to protect against free radicals. Who would of thunk it? A powdered foundation that actually plays fabulously well with wrinkles and provides a natural, earnest, skin-protecting coverage to boot. Love it! Another considerate addition to L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals is its convenient packaging that comes with a built-in natural hair, kabuki-style brush that is protected and kept clean and readied for tidy, evenly dispensed use under the snap-on cap. Nice one L’Oréal!
L’Oréal Paris True Match Minerals are available in six universal shades to suit a variety of skin colours and is on counter at selected pharmacies, department, and variety stores nation-wide for $34.95 AUD. In Australia, your local stockist details are available by telephoning 1300 659 259.
Beauty Marked! has had this little pocket rocket a while now and has been just too tickled pink with the results to put it down long enough to write about it. Tragic but true. BaBylissPRO Mighty Mini Straightener is the niftiest “little” beauty I have seen in the straightening game that actually delivers “big” on results. BaBylissPro Mighty Mini Straightener produces the same maxi results of a full sized iron and is mini only in its size. The Mighty Mini Straightener is 15 cm long and offers narrow plates that allow you to effectively straighten closer to the scalp while maximizing the advantages of far-infrared heat for optimal straightening. The BaByliss Mighty Mini quickly heats up to temperatures of 210℃ and with its Advanced Surround Heat and ceramic/titanium plates, it effortlessly glides through the hair to create seriously straight strands, super tight curls, sumptuous waves, and flirty flicks. This purse-sized dual-voltage dynamo is perfect for travel and is available in metallic pink (as pictured), blue, hi-gloss red, and raven black.
Talk about a most definitely excellent styling appliance for tending to those little running repairs often needed to tantalizingly tweak our tresses throughout the day, but is generally not possible due to the behemoth size and lack of portability of most straightening irons. This is a fab find for the fellas too by the way. Beauty Marked! also loves to call this natty styling tool to duty for the times when you need to extend your salon styled quoif just a bit longer until your next booked visit. *idea*
BaBylissPRO Mighty Mini Straightener and so much more are available from Dateline City. Do check it out. We just adore it!
Lest we forget the fabulous fellas in our lives. In honour of our boys, Beauty Marked! has put together ten totally terrific bits of blokey beauty that are sure to keep our guys gorgeously groomed. Beauty Marked!’s Galerie de Toilettage contains an all star assemblage of grooming gear especially chosen to keep our men majestically and ever so masculinely manscaped…Just like we like!
- L’Occitane Almond Harvest Shower Oil A luxurious, soothing, balancing and ultra moisturizing shower oil, rich in almond and grape seed oils that foam and immaculately cleanse when in contact with water. Mmmm.
- L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra-Energetic Turbo Booster A non-sticky moisturizer that refreshes and hydrates tired skin and has been specially formulated with vitamin C, caffeine, and antioxidants to stimulate the skin. It also contains menthol, glycerine, and pro-phosphor to help skin recover from the assaults of daily living.
- Remington Professional Short Hair Cut Clipper Talk about an ergonomic brush-shaped hair clipper designed to curve to the contours of the head and makes achieving a shortly shorn hair cut just about child’s play. It has five length settings from 2 mm to 12 mm for a customized haircut and the bi-directional cutting system allows for greater precision and detailed styling. The DLC coated trimmer blade is washable and comes with a 40 minute cordless operation for convenience.
- KEVIN.MURPHY EASY.RIDER a sensationally scented styling product that controls frizz, activates curl, and achieves a soft, messy, dewy look. It contains vitamins and botanicals to deliver a moist, conditioned, and medium to light yet natural-looking hold. Can be used on both wet or dry hair.
- Head & Shoulders Clean and Balanced Shampoo and Conditioner This dynamic duo leaves your hair with an everyday balanced clean and condition. It contains a moisturizing formulation with VitaZinc to ensure that both scalp and hair are left feeling clean and revitalized. It is pH balanced, gentle and effective for everyday use.
- NIVEA Deodorant For Men Sport An alcohol and preservative-free, mineral extract-rich deodorant that delivers a revitalizing kick. Its mild antiperspirant formula contains Activated Aluminum Chlorohydrate (AACH) and Butyloctanoic Acid which has been proven to keep working for up to 24 hours!
- Remington Diamond 360 Series Shaver With its world first Teflon® coated blades for a smoother skin glide, 360 degrees Flex & Pivot Technology with three independent flexing heads that follow the contours of the face, Diamond Like Carbon coated blades and 21 cutters per head with two close cut tracks you are in for a fabulously close shave. This cordless shaver provides 60 minutes of shaving time and has a five minute quick charge feature for a single shave. It also has a pop-up trimmer for sideburns, necklines and a mustache. The LCD display lets you know of the time remaining with charge. It’s world-wide voltage too.
- L’Oréal Men Expert Vita Lift Foaming Cleansing Cream A soap-free and pH neutral face cleanser that delivers a revitalizing clean to mature, dry skins. This cleanser is enriched with glycerin and Men Expert’s patented Active Defense System which has been created to especially soothe and reinforce the skin’s natural resistance against daily aggressions, ensuring the skin is less irritated, less-tight feeling, and left feeling comfortable.
- Esprit Connect for Us A fresh unisex fragrance with a fruity-woody accord. The fruity aspect of this fragrance is due to the fig notes and that of the surrounding tangerine, black currant, and lychee. The core comprises of tuberose, orange blossom, violet and notes of a sea breeze. Its decisive base notes of cedar, apricot, peach, amber, vanilla, and musk ensure that this memorable partnering endures.
- Gillette Fusion Power PHANTOM Five bladed shaving that delivers soothing micro-pulses that help reduce drag and improve razor glide. It’s touted to possess power so advanced, “you’ll barely feel the blades.” It comes with a Precision Trimmer and one Duracell AAA battery, so an immaculately clean shave is only ever a few strokes away.
M.A.C.’s Cult of Cherry is luscious, dramatic, undeniably eroticized. Ripened lips, Spiced Hot Chocolate eyes or Illegal Purple nails, combine to seduce with a sweet-and-shock, way-to-go dark. Separates the bitter from the sweet. This drama just gets more delicious:
- MATTENE Lip
- Powder Blush
- Zoom Lash
- Eyeshadow Quads
Crème Cerise Sheer yellow taupe (lustre)
Lightly Ripe Sheer mid-tone pink (lustre)
Russian Red Intense bluish red (matte)
“O” Intense purplish red with metallic gold (frost)
So Scarlet Clean grape burgundy (amplified)
Suggested Retail Price: $35.00 AUD
Cherry Blossom Sheer light pink with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
Rich & Ripe Mid-tone pinkish red with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
Cult of Cherry Clean red with red pearl (frost)
Liqueur Neutral brownish mauve with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
Jampacked Sheer grape with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
Suggested Retail Price: $34.00 AUD
Rapturous Deep berry red (matte)
Kirsch Blackened cranberry (matte)
Chock-ful Blackened brown (matte)
Bing Blackened eggplant (matte)
Suggested Retail Price: $36.00 AUD
Blooming Frosted deep dirty peach (frost)
Plum de Bois Frosted deep pink bronze with gold pearl (frost)
Suggested Retail Price: $40.00 AUD
Silverstruck Frosty greyed taupe with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
Illegal Purple Creamy blackened eggplant (cream)
Suggested Retail Price: $22.00 AUD
Zoom black Rich black
Suggested Retail Price: $25.00 AUD
Nanogold Sheer yellow pink with pink pearl (frost)
Brash Frosty reddish copper (vxp)
Spiced Chocolate dirty deep reddish brown (matte)
Sweet Chestnut Frosted cranberry (frost)
Suggested Retail Price: $72.00 AUD
Next to Nothing Sheer yellow beige with pink pearl (frost)
Sharp Frosty bright yellow gold (satin)
Dark Edge Dirty chocolate brown (satin)
Tempting Rich coco (lustre)
Suggested Retail Price: $72.00 AUD
Light Fall Dirty light pink (satin)
Smudge Violet Frosty blackened lavender with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
Deep Truth Very dark blue (frost)
Shadowy Lady darkly veiled plum (matte)
Suggested Retail Price: $72.00 AUD
Cult of Cherry from M·A·C is available in Australia from 8th September, 2008 at all M·A·C locations. New members welcome *
*But, um…maybe don’t drink the Kool-Aid.
Nearly good enough to be served with ice cream and absolutely in fashion are tresses treated to MOP® Glisten Shampoo and Conditioner. Modern Organic Product (MOP®) has developed a lovely shampoo and conditioner made from organic and fab everyday ingredients to add volume and shine to your daily hair care routine. MOP® Glisten Shampoo and Conditioner are so very mildly citrus scented and are big on bonza ingredients.
Glisten Shampoo contains pure maple syrup and the powerful humectant honey to add enviable body and shine to the hair. Certified organic linseed oil and whole wheat protein make light work of restoring and protecting the hair, while the vitamin C infused orange extract gets on with effectively cleansing your alluring locks.
Glisten Conditioner works to mend hair that may be feeling the strain of chemical treatments and nuisance UV rays. MOP® Glisten Conditioner has been specially designed to strengthen, restore and protect the hair through its stellar ingredient lineup: Certified organic linseed oil, jojoba, and avocado oil are also joined by honey and wheat protein, in repairing chemical and environmental damage, while pure maple syrup gets busy amping up the body and shine.
MOP® Glisten Shampoo and Conditioner is a deliciously effective and unadulteratedly easy way to ensure your treasured tresses remain fabulously fit and as ravishingly radiant as you are! What? After all, it’s not like you don’t deserve it.
Visit MOP® online for more on modern, hip, and happening hair!
Thanks to Trilogy, finding the perfect product to nourish, hydrate, and to add a ridiculously wonderful amount of radiance is as easy as using Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil as part of your daily skincare regime. Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil is 100% certified organic and works tirelessly to give you glowing skin that’s nourished with powerful antioxidants like betacarotene and lycopene, vitamins E and Retinoic acid, and essential fatty acids (Omega 3, 6, and 9). Trilogy takes the guesswork out of getting naturally beautiful skin. The hardest decision will be whether to pick the 20 ml bottle or the 45 ml bottle! Who would of thought that finding help to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, scars, aging skin, and damaged skin would be as easy as that? Love it!